Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer salad

My new favorite summer salad

1 cup of fresh strawberries
1 bag of mixed salad greens
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles
3 or 4 green onions

Slice strawberries.
Chop grren onions
Toast walnuts until lightly toasted - cool on a paper towel
Add mixed salad greens, strawberries, green onions, and blue cheese crumbles to large salad bowl. Once walnuts are cool, sprinkle on top and toss.

I serve with Trader Joe's raspberry dressing. (delicious and low in fat and calories).
My hubby prefers blue cheese dressing. Vinagerette is nice too.

If you want to make this a meal, add grilled chicken breast.

Delicious and easy... my favorite!

2 comments:

Heather said...

It sounds heavenly with some vinagrette!! I love strawberries in a salad.

Lula! said...

This is my signature salad--but with feta, instead of blue cheese. YUM. Now I want one...