Thursday, July 10, 2008

Grumpy Mom

Today is one of those days!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my children. I love my life. I am truly very lucky and very blessed- but absolutely 100% human!

I am fortunate to do a job that I love, mostly from home and I get to spend a lot of quality time with my kids.

Today's time with them is bordering NON quality.

How many times shall I have to ask you to:
brush your teeth
feed the dogs
get in the car- we are going to be late
pick up your dirty socks, underwear, bathing suit
stop hitting your brother, sister, or the dog
stop chewing with your mouth open
please let go of your brother's hair
stop bouncing the basketball in the house
please don't throw the ball, the pillow, the hot wheel, the barbie (insert object)
do not jump on the couch, the bed or the dog
PHALEEEZE just listen the first time... I could deal with even the second time.

All three of you are bright young people with perfectly good hearing!

Mommy doesn't want to be grumpy anymore. I am sorry that I yell sometimes. Yes, that is your loving mother with the contorted face, gritting her teeth, under her breath cursing because she is frustrated and tired of making the same requests over and over!

Tomorrow is a new day... for all of us.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I would LOVE your kids right now - try a 16 year old with some eyes rolling, "Whatevers," and even more "Chill, Moms..." And, and, (I bet you may alreay have this one), every sentence starts with, "Can I" even though we tell her it's "May I" lol - it's really not too bad, but it is... you know what I mean ;-)